Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tubing/Swimming

We have been doing everything we can lately to take advantage of the hot weather. A couple days ago Brad and I got our first day together without the kids!!! (first day in 13 months!)

We went tubing out on his parents boat. I haven't been able to go in 2 years, last summer i was 9 months pregnant and didn't think Hailey would appreciate it.

We had so much fun, Brad went first and after a couple times of getting thrown out he did really good. Next me and my sister in-law (she's my age) Sheena went. We decided that we wanted to try and go together, not a good idea, trying to fit 2 people in the tube and not knocking each other out wasn't easy. We held on for a long time and then got knocked over. I never knew water could hurt that bad. when we fell out i slammed down face first in the water and sheena got thrown up in the air and then hit the water. After that i was done for the day, at least until next time. If you've never been tubing you gotta try it, it's so fun!

Here's some pictures...





I'm still trying to teach Brad how to use the zoom button on the camera:-)


The next day it was about 95 degrees out so I took the kids to the pool to swim. Hailey is getting so much better in the water, although it's non-stop for me. Since she can walk now she thinks shes big enough to walk all over the baby pool. She does good in the really shallow area but once it gets alittle deeper she falls down and the water goes above her head. That only happened once, once i realized it i couldn't take my hands off her. You would think that would slow her down or maybe even scare her, but not Hailey it only made her want to try even harder to get in the deeper end of the baby pool.

Caiden loves going there, it seems like all the kids there are boys his age. I guess there must have been something in the water that year! Every boy there had a squirt gun (thanks to me) and they had squirt gun fights all day. We stayed for about 3 1/2 hours. I'll tell you what though, we all slept good that night!

Caiden doing a cannonball!

Hailey going non-stop in her pretty ruffled bathing suit!

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

thanks for leaving a comment,
Tubing sound llike so much fun!

Ps I have a contest on my blog that you might be interested to enter!

Renee

Shana said...

Sounds like you had a week-end of sun and fun too. My hubby and I say that when we are "wealthy" (yeah, like that is ever going to happen...lol!!!) we are going to buy a boat. Looks like you had fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE tubing! I can just tell you had so much fun this weekend! That's so great!!

Jane, P&B Girls

we are reilly said...

That looks like so much fun.....I found you through Kerry's blog :)

Kerry said...

Oh, I LOVE tubing! I haven't gone in several years with being preggers and all! Glad you guys were able to get out just the two of you! We need that time every so often.

Jacob is exactly how Hailey is in the pool. No fear!

Thanks for stopping by my friend Trudy's blog. That was sweet of you to leave a message!