Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long Night!!!

The evening started out so good. I met mom at her house and her and my sisters came to the ballpark with me and the kids . Last night was my last ballgame for the summer.

We got there early and caiden was having so much fun playing with all the kids his age. I was over by him and saw our team captain over at the field we were playing on so I went over to talk to her, thinking it would be okay to leave Caiden for a minute to play. We have done this many times this summer. I can see him from where we play so i just figure he's okay.

As i was standing over there talking i heard the most horrible scream ever. I didn't even realize what it was at first. I saw my cousin holding someone in her arms and this child was bleeding everywhere. Then i noticed the bright blue flipflops, it was caiden.

I ran over there and i seriously have never seen so much blood before. I have heard that head injuries bleed very bad...it's true. I carried him to the bathroom and by the time i got there we were both covered. We put an ice pack on him and went to the E.R.

All the kids were chasing each other around the picinic tables when they decided to climb on top of them and jump from table to table. My cousin was standing right there with them and she said she knew someone was gonna get hurt so she said "hey guys" but before she could finish caiden jumped. Well i guess he didn't jump far enough. He missed the table and hit his face strait on the bench. She said nothing stopped his fall but his face.

He bled for about 15 minutes. It finally stopped by the tiem we pulled into the hospital. We sat in teh E.R for about 3 1/2 hours, (i hate going to the ER, they always take forever. Thankfully we haven't been there often!) They took x-rays and looked him over. They finally told us that his nose was broken. I already knew it was from the looks of it. By that time alot of the swelling had went down, we had kept ice on it the whole time.

This was last night at around midnight when we finally got home. He was exhausted. He had to sleep on the couch so we could keep him elevated and wake him every 2-3 hours to check on him.

I took these pictures this morning. It really looks so much better already. I was so scared when it first happened. It was so swollen It didn't even look like a nose.

He was such a good boy the whole time. He was very patient at the hospital and didn't complain at all, even though i knew how much pain he was in. He said the sweetest thing to me as we were laying in the bed waiting for the doctor, he said "mom i'm sorry you had to miss your last game" I couldn't believe that after all that happened he was worried about me. I guess i must have done something right raising him for him to be such a sweet, caring little boy. Kids bounce back from these things so quick. He was dissapointed today when we wouldn't let him ride his scooter. Hopefully the swelling goes down and everything looks normal again.

10 comments:

Summer said...

Poor guy!!! Hope he feels better soon!!

Christy said...

Poor little guy! What a little trooper!

Kerry said...

I'm so glad he's alright! It's always scary when you're kids get hurt....w/ lots of blood. He sounds like such a sweetheart.

Deb said...

Aww, poor little guy - I hope it heals quickly!

Shana said...

How scary for your little man, and you too. Hope he feels better soon. :o)

Andrea said...

Poor little man! I do hope he feels better VERY soon too! I would've been so scared if I saw someone holding my kid and there was blood everywhere and all!! Yikes! I'm glad he's okay though!

Kerry said...

Kelley, make sure and check out my blog to pick up your "nice matters" award.

Mrs. Stam said...

Poor little guy how is he felling now

Drea said...

oh gosh poor guy!
Im sorry i havent called you back, ill call u this week!
ER visits stink. do they think itll go back fine?

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

AWE...I guess he's gonna give up his Evil Knievel (stunt man) ways before they actually take off!

I hope he doesn't have any permanent damage. Now that he feels better you can spank him! KIDDING!! (or am I...LOL)