Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just Needed To Vent!

You know what bothers me more than anything? The image that some people have of stay at home moms. They think that because we don't work a 9-5 job and get paid for what we do that we just sit around all day, relaxing and being lazy.
Yes i will admit I do not work an 8 or even a 12 hour day, i am usually up by 8:30am and don't get the last child to bed until 10:3opm so right there is a 14 hour day, non stop, no breaktime no interacting with other adults just me and my children the whole day. This does not include if they wake up in the middle of the night or anything else. So on an average week i spend 95 hours working at my job, should i get paid? yes more than anyone i know, but thats not how it works, my pay comes from my children having a safe and happy childhood that they will remember for the rest of there lives and them knowing that there mother loves them more than anything and has willingly given up her life for theirs.
I don't ever put anyone down who goes out of there house and works, i know that they also are doing it to provide for there family. But to turn around and pass judgment on something you have no idea about just shows that i may be able to go out tomorrow and get a job like them but they could never do mine!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Agree wholeheartedly! In the area I live in it is more common for mom's to be SAHM's so there is quite a bit of support. I get more attitude from my hubs sometimes about the fact that I get to stay home. He thinks it's so easy and that I shouldn't ever complain. But when you add up the hours we spend working (the house, the kids, etc) we'd bring in some serious $$ if we got paid. Argh! I'm right there w/ you Kel. I'm sorry this person(s) is making you feel like this. They have no right to judge you. What you are doing/being is so invaluable. You can't put a price tag/worth on it.

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

Preach it sister! I KNOW thats right!